training and events
Please select your area of interest from the following list.....
We have partnered with Hampshire Autistic Society to bring this course to your area. Informative, interactive and interesting this training programme is delivered by two professionally qualified and experienced trainers from Autism Hampshire who have a wealth of knowledge of autism and Asperger Syndrome.
The training programme has been cross referenced to the QCF Diplomas in Health and Social Care and Children's Workforce Development.
The participant will be able to:
- Define autism and Asperger Syndrome and describe how they may differ from each other a learning disability
- Explore 'The Myths'
- Name the areas of the 'Triad of Impairment' and their possible effects on the person.
- Describe the importance of sensory issues and its relationship to the Triad.
- Describe the Communication Systems and how they can provide support.
- Define the most up to date theories relating to autism and Asperger Syndrome - including the Autism Act 2009 and 'Fulfilling and Rewarding Lives'.
Time: 09.30 - 15.30
Refreshments will be provided but please bring your own lunch
Contact: Rachel Dowbakin
Tel No: 0300 500 8085