This course will give learners a greater understanding and underpinning of what a risk assessment is. Be aware of the legal duties and responsibilities on employers and employees. Gain the skills to be able to to assess and complete their own risk assessment.
Course aimed at:
Anyone responsible for managing a building, whether it be an office, community space, charity shop etc. Persons responsible for managing an activity such as fundraising events, day trips or running a service, group or club. This is also essential for trustees and committee members who need to understand the risk assessment requirements for their whole organisation.
- Understand the Health & Safety law behind risk assessment
- Know the difference between a hazard and a risk
- Be able to follow the 5 steps of risk assessment
- Know when, why and how to carry out risk assessments
- Know where to go for information about more specialist risks