Aim: To develop an understanding around gangs and serious youth violence. Throughout the training you will be encouraged and supported to consider how your own practice can best address and support gang affected children and young people.
Objectives: By the end of the course participants will explore:
- Definition of Gangs
- Understand the current gangs Landscape in UK
- Why people Join? (Recruitment and Grooming and exploitation).
- Roles and Structure
- Mental Health
- Safeguarding, social media & cyberspace
- Understand the evolution of county lines and organised criminal distribution of drugs
- Recognise indicators young people being exploited for county lines
- Examine the role of young women including grooming, initiation and sexual exploitation.
- Recognise early intervention opportunities.
- Identify available support and resources for young people in your area.
- Intervention and prevention signposting and referring to specialist services