This qualification is aimed at food handlers employed in the catering business preparing food. All catering businesses have a legal responsibility to train their staff in matters of food hygiene. In this session we will cover:
* The importance of personal responsibility for food safety
* The legal responsibilities of food handlers and food business operators
* The importance of personal hygiene in food safety
* Effective personal hygiene practices, including protective clothing, hand washing and personal illnesses
* The importance of pest control
* The sources and risks to food safety from contamination and cross-contamination
* Stock control procedures including deliveries, storage, date marking and stock rotation
* How to deal with food spoilage including recognition, reporting and disposal.
A short multiple choice exam will be held at the end of the day. You will need photographic ID to take the exam.