This qualification is intended for those that are working in, or are looking to start work in health and social care. The qualification introduces the key principles associated with safeguarding adults at risk in a health and social care setting.
- Define safeguarding and outline relevant legal frameworks
- Identify how to recognise types of abuse
- Demonstrate essential characteristics related to effective reporting in relation to abuse
- Show awareness of local and other relevant policy related to safeguarding
- Consider your role in relation to prevention of abuse