The aim of this course is to give learners the essential knowledge and skills required to handle objects using safe principles and techniques to avoid injury or ill health. On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- operate within the legal boundaries with regard to the Manual Handling Regulations
- use safe manual handling techniques
- recognise and avoid injury caused by poor manual handling.
- employ good handling techniques using biomechanical principles
- carry out manual handling risk assessment
- use and carry out visual inspections of handling equipment
- understand the types and uses of equipment.
The second part of this course gives learners the mandatory knowledge and skills required to prevent fire from starting, to effectively react to a fire incident and to act as a fire marshal in the workplace.
For further information or to book your place please contact
023 8090 2400