The aim of this course is to give learners the knowledge and skills required to accurately administer medication in the workplace.
On successful completion of this course the learner will be qualified to:
- operate within the legal boundaries with regard to administrating medication
- to understand the audit trail including receipt, administration and disposal of medicines
- understand the pre-medication checklist
- identify the routes of administration
- understand the different types of medication
- understand how to correctly store and secure medication
- how to recognise adverse reactions and how to deal with them
- understand Medication Administration Records (MARS)
- understand the importance of good record keeping.
For further information or to book your place please contact Rachel Webb 023 8090 2400