This course is suitable for staff and carers who move and assist people or for those who have a supervisory role in a care environment. The course helps to manage the risk of injury and ill health and reminds learners of the need to maintain dignity and to safeguard people. On successful completion of the course learners will be able to:
- Operate within the legal boundaries with regard to the Manual Handling Regulations and the moving and assisting of people.
- Carry out risk assessment (PEACE) and understand biomechanics.
- Understand safe and unsafe moving and positioning techniques.
- Carry out safe sitting to standing and assisted walking techniques.
- Select, use and inspect equipment.
- Understand the correct use of wheelchair, rotunda and electric stand aid.
- Understand and comply with company policy and procedure.
For further information or to book your place please contact
023 8090 2400